Staff training and courses
We offer twilight, half or full day INSETs on all aspects of RSE. On these courses participants will;
- Be introduced to a whole school approach to RSE
- Discuss what to teach when
- Explore resources
- Address concerns such as answering pupils questions and informing parents
- Understand how to keep lessons safe and age appropriate
- Get up to date policy information
- Explore links between RSE and safeguarding
We offer a range of in-class training packages that give teachers the confidence to independently deliver RSE in future years. We work in Primary, Secondary, PRU and SEND schools.
Three supported lessons - We guide teachers through three supported lessons, modelling good practice in the first session, team teaching in the second and supporting the teacher to take the lead in the third. This level of support is particularly helpful to those who have never taught RSE in the past and teachers who feel less confident about the subject.
An introduction to RSE - A first session is delivered by our trainer, modelling good practice and setting safe groundrules for the class. There is a meeting with the teacher afterwards to explore resources and plan for future sessions.
FGM Awareness Training
We are proud to offer FGM awareness training to schools, PSHE coordinators and Safeguarding leads. Sessions can be tailored to all learning providers and have the following intended outcomes:
- To have a greater understanding of the practice of FGM, what it is, why it is practised and its consequences
- To understand the safeguarding implications of FGM and the school's safeguarding responsibilities
- To explore how to engage with the issue of FGM in the school community
We can tailor training packages to suit your school's needs, so please contact us with specific requests.
All consultants have up-to-date DBS checks. It is made clear to schools thatour trainers are not acting in loco parentis and are not to be left solely in charge of any child or children.